Monday, October 1, 2012

Cooper's Birthday

On August 28th, my little man turned 4.  Where does the time go?!  He was pretty excited for his birthday.  I made the mistake of letting him look at birthday cake ideas on Pinterest (never again!) and he found tons of Angry Birds ideas that he wanted incorporated into one cake.  I tried talking him into just having 1 angry bird on his cake and his response was, "If I only have one bird, he will get lonely.  I need all the angry birds." :)  So, I set out to make an angry bird cake.  It isn't my best work, but I thought it turned out pretty well:
Here is the birthday boy hugging his "Swampy" stuffed animal:
 Opening presents in his new Angry Birds space shirt:
 This was a cute card that his cousin Cort and Aunt Aubrey made for him:
 Aubrey said Cort was pretty insistent about what he wanted it to say on the inside of the card:
 Blowing out the candles on his cake (I had to prop the piggies up with toothpicks since my chocolate covered wafers decided to melt):
 On his birthday we had Grandpa and Grandma Swenson, Uncle Trent, Uncle Bret and Aunt Aubrey and Cort and Cash up for hamburgers and french fries and cake and ice cream.  That weekend Grandma and Grandpa Gleason came and gave Cooper this talking bear that reads stories.  Cooper loves it because the bear's name is Cooper too!
I think this little guy had quite the birthday!  He also got a giant red angry bird balloon, but after a day he popped it by hitting things with it.  While he was sad to see the bird balloon go, I think the rest of us were relieved that it only lasted a day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment