Saturday, January 5, 2013

December Happenings: Lights at Temple Square

One night in December we thought it would be fun to ride Frontrunner down to Salt Lake and see the new mall City Creek and the lights at Temple Square.  We left rather early in hopes that we could catch everything before major crowds started and get the kids home at a decent time before bed.  City Creek was beautiful!  They had giant Christmas trees decorated in reds and golds (I couldn't get any of my family to pose by said Christmas trees) and candy murals in the Macy's windows.  At Macy's we found the Santa mailbox. While Cooper didn't want to do it, Bailey made sure that her daddy helped her write a letter to Santa in hopes that he would bring her pink shoes.
Here she is mailing her letter...so cute!  I wish Coop would have done it, but he was hungry and grouchy.
After getting a bite to eat, we headed over to see the lights.  Coop's favorite ones were the red and green trees while Bailey loved the pink.  I didn't lug down my huge camera and opted to take pictures on my phone instead but I regret it because my phone just couldn't handle it.  None of Coop's pictures turned out and the three below look like they could have been taken in the 60's or 70's.  Oh well, you live and learn.  It was a beautiful night and we left before it got too cold.  Other than UTA messing around with the return train schedule and making us wait, I'd say this trip went a lot smoother than last year...not sure I'm going to want to attempt it though next year with a new 8 month old. :)
B by some lights...so excited!
The Temple

One of many Nativities...


1 comment:

  1. So jealous! I tried and tried to talk Bret into going up to City Creek and Temple Square, but sadly I failed. Next year if he's still a party pooper, maybe my boys and I will tag along with you guys instead.

    ReplyDelete