Thursday, September 5, 2013

Summer Adventures: Backyard Campout

Every time summer rolls around Dan always wants to camp out with the kiddos in the backyard.  I think he is crazy, but I love that he does it.  So, while I got to snuggle a new baby, Dan hauled the other two kids out to the backyard and set up camp.  They were pretty excited to be "camping" and wanted to haul all of their earthly possessions from their room to the tent.  I think dad put the limit on a couple of stuffed animals and toys.  Smiling in the tent:
  Of course, you can't go camping without s'mores, so dad lit up the grill and began roasting marshmallows:
And here are some lovely s'more face shots:
Dan didn't get very much sleep that night with both kiddos hogging the air mattress.  And, I apparently locked the back screen door when I went to bed so that when they woke up early and tried to come in, they found themselves locked out and had to come in through the garage.  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment